"Green" plastic carpets?!?
I regard myself as a true "woody" so I get so frustrated when non-wood materials or products claim to be so much greener. It is a fact that wood is renewable, it stores carbon and has a very low embodied energy in most of its processing. So I am left dumbfounded about a recent marketing claim by a leading carpet manufacturer at the Domotex flooring show in Hanover; "We save 68,000 tress a year by using plastic cores in our carpets" - incredible! I think what hurts the most is not the fact companies have the nerve to make such claims (that's business for you), but far too often these kind of statements go unchallenged!
- 7/05/2013 - Window of opportunity
- 28/01/2013 - EUTR – Friend or Foe?
- 2/11/2012 - The U.S. building industry: is it too easy to be green?
- 12/10/2012 - Fighting for the underdog!
- 6/06/2012 - The lessons of LCA