Famous bottoms connect with American hardwoods!
The new deputy prime minister Nick Clegg, Stephen Fry, Monty Don, Phillip Pullman, Chris Evans, Jerry Hall, Bianca Jagger and Ed Milliband were just a few of the famous bottoms that adorned the special custom made American red oak chairs at this years’ Guardian Hay Festival. Philip Koomen who designed the Hay Festival stage furniture agrees that the red oak provides great function as well as a sense of quality and sophistication to an event now regarded as one of the most important and successful literary festivals anywhere in the world. Philip also designed a unique seating installation in the central square on the festival site using American tulipwood, which gave an opportunity for many thousands of not so famous bottoms to relax and enjoy a wood experience!
- 7/05/2013 - Window of opportunity
- 28/01/2013 - EUTR – Friend or Foe?
- 2/11/2012 - The U.S. building industry: is it too easy to be green?
- 12/10/2012 - Fighting for the underdog!
- 6/06/2012 - The lessons of LCA